How to protect seniors -- older parents, relatives and loved ones -- who live alone. Tips on what to do in case of an emergency. Safety ideas.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

High-Yield Living™ Launches Site for Baby Boomers and Offers 10 Tips for Getting What You Want in 2007


Press Release from Linda Franklin of
High-Yield Living (Courtesy of PRWEB.com)

Introduction by Dr. Don Rose


--

A new company called High Yield Living (HYL) aims to show boomers how to successfully deal with “reverse puberty” – the term HYL uses to describe emotions and physical changes boomers go through that often mirror or reverse the feelings and changes experienced during regular (teenage) puberty. One of HYL’s goals is to change how we age in health, beauty, relationships, finance and spirituality. –D.R.

--

(PRWEB) November 14, 2006 -- Linda Franklin, a passionate advocate for the baby boomer generation, has launched High Yield Living LLC, a website www.highyieldliving.com and a blog www.boomersmakingadifference.com. High-Yield Living™ (HYL) offers boomers cutting edge strategies for successfully managing their aging process. HYL’s research has identified that the key categories that boomers find most challenging as they age are health, beauty, relationships, finance and spirituality. "Age is inevitable; how we age isn’t," says Linda, who firmly believes that aging is a kind of reverse puberty. "There is the old paradigm that says ‘we’re getting old and there’s not much we can do about it.’ I subscribe to the new aging paradigm that says ‘there is plenty we can do about it’".

Linda has a natural talent for thinking outside the box. She was the first Canadian woman to own her seat on the New York Stock Exchange. She then became managing partner in charge of arbitrage trading for a leading Wall Street investment firm. Now, in "Act Two," Linda has developed winning strategies for boomers who feel "we’re just not that old."

Here are High-Yield Living’s 10 Tips Baby Boomers Need to Know for the New Year.

1. Me, For Better Or Worse
My body is changing like it or not. How I take care of myself now will shape my life for years to come.

2. It’s Never Too Late to Dream
I will always have a dream. My dreams are the voice of my soul.

3. Playtime
I always have energy for things that makes me happy. Playtime is something I do just for me.

4. Letting Go
Sometimes a relationship just runs its course. It’s okay to let go.

5. Changing Priorities
My wants are changing. I accept the change and move forward. If not now, when?

6. Getting off the Fence
Over thinking doesn’t help me. Action does! Today I move forward.

7. Intimacy
It’s easier to be intimate with other people when I take the time to become intimate with myself.

8. Reaching Out
I will do what I can to help other people. Giving back is a gift.

9. Changing Others
I’ve learned I can’t change other people and have stopped trying.

10. Clutter
I release what no longer serves me. Cleaning up makes room for something new and exciting.

High-Yield Living™ is about changing the aging paradigm and these tips are a great way for boomers to start off 2007 with passion and excitement.

---

Dr. Don Rose writes books, papers and articles on many topics, including computers, the Internet, artificial intelligence, science and technology, and issues related to seniors.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Life Alert is the leading emergency response company, dedicated to solving home safety issues. With a touch of a button, Life Alert sends help fast, 24/7, whether it’s for a medical, fall, fire, or home invasion emergency, even when you can’t reach a phone. Life Alert saves a life from a catastrophic every 10 minutes and has received over 25,000 testimonials from grateful customers since 2008, and was the ONLY company former Surgeon General, Dr. C. Everett Koop, endorsed until his death in 2013. Founded in 1987, Life Alert has become the industry leader in personal protection but also has become a pop culture icon with their classic slogan, “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” which was ranked #1 by USA TODAY in its list of the most memorable TV commercials. In 2008, “The Martha Stewart Show” featured Life Alert and recommend them to all of the patients at the Martha Stewart Center for Living while pointing out that Life Alert is "so inexpensive yet so vital for people." Life Alert, their slogan and/or pendant have been featured in many T.V. shows such as 30 Rock, Supernatural, The Goldbergs, and Jay Leno frequently referred to their famous slogan on The Tonight Show.